Working with elected officials at the local, state and federal levels and community members on behalf of UC Davis Health
As Director, Laura Niznik Williams leads legislative activities at the local, state and federal levels, as well as, community and neighbor relations activities for UC Davis Health. UC Davis Health includes UC Davis Medical Center, UC Davis School of Medicine, UC Davis Medical Group and the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis.
With a focus on Health, Laura provides strategic direction to the department’s efforts to:
- develop and maintain relationships with elected officials, their staff and various departments and agencies;
- coordinate elected officials visits to the health system for policy briefings and to serve as speakers and guests at special events;
- advocate the University of California position on proposed legislation at the state and federal levels;
- increase awareness of UC Davis Health's position and commitment to the community and its partners;
- support a variety of activities and partner organizations throughout the Sacramento region;
- lead workforce development for Aggie Square;
- serve on the Aggie Square project team;
- connect with the community through the UC Davis Health Community Advisory Board;
- engage with local neighbors and community members on issues of importance.