for UC Davis Students
Every year, graduate students from each UC campus gather in Sacramento to educate lawmakers about the importance of graduate research and its contribution to California’s economy and progress.
Legislative Advocacy Days
Annually, students join campus leadership for advocacy meetings at the State Capitol to advocate for UC and share student experiences with legislators and their staff.
- outreach to and engagement with officials
- state budget and policy
- other resources
Upper-class undergraduate & graduate students: Join us for a three-and-a-half-day program in DC to learn about Congress, the federal budget process, and effective science communication. Students will have an opportunity to meet with their Members of Congress or congressional staff.
Contact Federal Government Relations Director Brandon Minto.
- outreach to and engagement with elected officials
- travel to Washington, D.C. on university business
- the campus research and policy agenda
- federal legislation and budget